If you want me to know anything please post it here. You do this by loging in first with your username, then come to this page and click on the "ርዕስ ጨምር" button on the top right side and write your message. Sign your name by making four tilds (~~~~). It will automaticaly convert to your username and the date you posted the message or comment. I can speak Amharic and English.
- 1 en:Do not buy Russian goods!
- 2 What is the Amharic text in this picture?
- 3 Non-response from fellow administrator, please remove block on Beetstra
- 4 International schools in Ethiopia
- 5 Ethiopian name
- 6 Wikivoyage Amharic phrasebook
- 7 Article idea: District of Columbia Public Library and/or Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library
- 8 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 9 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
- 10 Ambo University
- 11 Offer for Collaboration on MediaWiki
- 12 Amharic question
- 13 የ2018 እ.ኤ.አ. ፊፋ የዓለም ዋንጫ
What is the Amharic text in this picture?Edit
What is the Amharic text in this picture? http://www.guebre-mariam.org/local/cache-vignettes/L600xH99/siteon0-3e2b0.jpg - May I have it transcribed? Does it mean a French school somewhere? Thanks WhisperToMe (talk) 23:48, 17 ጃንዩዌሪ 2015 (UTC)
- The Amharic text is ገብረ ማርያም ትምህርት ቤት which literally is "Gebre Mariam school". If I'm not mistaken, this is the French school in Addis Ababa, colloquially known as ሊሴ (Lycée). Elfalem (talk) 01:16, 25 ጃንዩዌሪ 2015 (UTC)
Non-response from fellow administrator, please remove block on BeetstraEdit
Hi. I have been asking your fellow administrator Codex Sinaiticus about their block of Beetstra and to this point there has been no response. The questions have been asked at User talk:Codex Sinaiticus#Why the block on Beetstra? Please explain. I have asked which breach of local policy has brought the block, or if no local policy, then which breach of the broader wikimedia policies or guidelines have been breached. As there is no evident breach of policy presented, I am now asking for that block to be removed, and asking that you do it seeing that the blocking admin is unresponsive to my request. Thanks. Billinghurst (talk) 10:05, 24 ጃንዩዌሪ 2015 (UTC)
- ይህ ሰው ሁከት ለማንሣት መፈልጉ ግልጽ ነው። ማገጃ የጣልኩበት ረባሽ ሰው በእንግሊዝኛ ውክፔድያ ላይ ተማሮች ስለ አማርኛ መረጃ እንዳያገኙ ሠርቷል። በሙሉ ጸባዩ «ጸረ-አማርኛ» ይመስለኛል። ሆኖም በእርሱ ምክንያት ጓደኞች በሲሶፖች መካከል ስላሉት፣ ከ እንግሊዝኛ ውክፔድያ አሁን የተገደው እኔ ነኝ። በዚህ ውክፔድያ ላይ ምንም አስተዋጽኦ እንደሚችል አይመስለኝም፣ እንዳይሆን ማገጃ ቢጣልበት ምን አለበት? ፈቃደ (ውይይት) 13:29, 24 ጃንዩዌሪ 2015 (UTC)
International schools in EthiopiaEdit
- I've translated most of the template at መለጠፊያ:ኢንተርናሽናል ትምህርት ቤቶች በኢትዮጵያ. I'm not sure about the Italian school. Elfalem (talk) 06:07, 27 ኖቬምበር 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you! I think the Italian name means "Italian State Comprehensive Institute of Addis Ababa" - https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/omnicomprensivo?rdfrom=Omnicomprensivo means "all-inclusive" - So it is an institution of the Italian government and covers all levels of primary and secondary education WhisperToMe (talk) 22:48, 5 ዲሴምበር 2015 (UTC)
If you want to try another one, en:Montgomery County Public Schools is a public school system in the suburbs of Washington, DC. They have a page with Amharic information http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/am/ so I think it would be a great idea to have an Amharic version of this article. WhisperToMe (talk) 22:54, 5 ዲሴምበር 2015 (UTC)
What is the Ethiopian name of the Holy Trinity and Saint Mary Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church? (name in File:EthiopianChurchSign0Houston.JPG)
The name as shown in the picture is ቅድስት ሥላሴ እና ቅድስት ድንግል ማርያም የኢትዮጵያ አርቶዶክስ ተዋሕዶ ቤተ ክርስቲያን. I am interested in contributing descriptions although I can not say when I will get to them as I'm busy with other commitments. Elfalem (talk) 03:49, 28 ማርች 2016 (UTC)
You may like these pictures I took in Houston: Commons:Category:Ethiopian community in Houston - One Ethiopian restaurant sign and two Ethiopian churches in my hometown. WhisperToMe (talk) 02:02, 28 ኤይፕርል 2016 (UTC)
Wikivoyage Amharic phrasebookEdit
Hi Elfalem. I noticed that you are one of the top editors of the Amharic Wikipedia article about the Amharic language. If possible, please help finish the work on the English Wikivoyage Amharic phrasebook at - https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Amharic_phrasebook
Thanks in advance,
Article idea: District of Columbia Public Library and/or Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial LibraryEdit
Are you interested in starting an Amharic article about the DC Public Library system and/or the en:Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library (the central library)? Also, what is the Amharic name for the "Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library", as I would like to put the name in Commons:Category:Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library?
- ^ This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- ^ Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia surveyEdit
(‘’Sorry to write in English’’)
Offer for Collaboration on MediaWikiEdit
Hello there, I have been working on an Enterprise Wiki using MediaWiki. I am just a novice for MediaWiki. There are a lot of contents in the official MediaWiki site which are self-explanatory and very useful.
But, I was always curious if I know someone who has a demonstrated knowledge and skill on MediaWiki and Open Source Collaboration Tools.
I was thrilled to get here, Amharic Wikipedia. I would love to talk with one of the Administrators on private. So, I would be glad if I get the Administrators email address;
- here is my email address,
Hi again! What is the Amharic text in this picture? https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kU1kiWKQQ3E/hqdefault.jpg - I would like to add an Amharic description to File:Ethiopian Community Services and Development Council.jpg which displays the same community center.
Hello, hoping you are fine! At first many thanks for creating all the FIFA World Cups since 1930. Only the current one in Russia is missing. Could you create an article for that competition like all the other? I'd expanded all those articles on the Afrikaans Wikipedia, that's why I'm asking. I'll help with fixing pictures, if necessary (all I can do with am-0). Best regards, -- SpesBona (talk) 20:00, 12 ጁላይ 2018 (UTC)